I keep seeing these facebook and instagram posts about fall; fall outfits, fall food, fall weather. These people obviously don’t live in Charleston. Fall doesn’t usually come for us until October or later sometimes.
However, it has been amazing here. It has definitely gotten me excited for fall. So I baked pumpkin bread! This recipe is seriously good. If you’ve been following me for awhile, this is the same recipe from last year. ENJOY!
- Prep 15 min
Cook 50 minin
- Ready in 1 hr, 5min
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
What a difference a year makes . . .