Last year the kids were all skeletons for Halloween. These costumes were really fun to make and the kids were able to get involved.
- Black legging/pants and shirt. I got these at Wal-mart for $3.88 each.
- White fabric pant. I used white puffy pant. It didn’t really come out “puffy” because of how we painted it on.
- Paint brushes
- Black sharpie
- Skeleton template. I used Elle’s costume which was basically skeleton pajamas from Old Navy. You can also find images on the internet.
- Face paint if you want. Luke found skeleton face paint images that he just copied.
- Draw the skeleton outline using sharpie onto the black outfit.
- Use the paint to outline the drawing.
- I got the kids to fill it in using the paint and paintbrushes with some help from me.
That’s it! So simple!
Here you can see the sharpie on the outfit. I like the black sharpie because if you make any big mistakes they wouldn’t be real visible, especially at night.
The final product . . . pretty stinkin’ cute!
Elle is just wearing skeleton pajamas with a tutu and headband.
We had to take Luke’s paint off right after the picture. He didn’t like it. It was hot last year and I think it was kinda itchy.